My baby sister is 30 today… Seriously how the FUCK did that happen. I still feel like I did when I was 17. Nothing like the reality of time passing when milestones like this pop up… (Just so you know we have a younger sister too, who is also my baby sister. But I refer to all my siblings as my “baby brother/sister” because to me they are all my babies).
So… in honor of my baby sister’s 30th birthday I’m writing this post specifically to my sister Kerri-Ann.
Being that I’ve known you minimally your whole entire life I am saying these are the TOP 30 reasons I love you… cuz there’s many more reasons too. But since its your 30th Birthday it seems only fitting to list the TOP 30. Here goes…
Top 30 Reasons I Love Kerri-Ann
- You are basically one of my favorite people ever… Like EVER – EVER… for as long as Ever goes.
- Kaylee & Emmy-Jo – they share this line equally… for obvious reasons.
- We share a brain.
- I love that when you were younger you would go out clothed and come home COMPLETELY naked.
- I love that when you sniff you stick out your tongue STILL.
- I love our various attempts of living together… AND WE SURVIVED.
- Our adventures to, from and in Arizona with Kenneth & Kirk.
- Our heart tattoos.
- Growing up with you and our other siblings has filled our lives with adventure and laughs that will last forever.
- You’re AMISH.
- That pink and white ballerina outfit that you wore like EVERY day.
- I saved your life at Matt Petit’s Gramma’s house… cuz you are worth it.
- I love that you used to cut your own bangs OVER and OVER and OVER… and that you had a perpetual rug burned nose because you were pretending to be a vacuum.
- I love that you used to come in an ask me if you could borrow my clothes when I was sleeping cuz you knew I was incoherent and would say yes to just about anything… and I did.
- I love that you burnt bacon in the microwave at the Dawnwood house and that it literally smelled like bacon for a month…
- I love that you hit your head on the glass at Barre and laughed at yourself so hard and so much you had to leave.
- I love that you got all the way to 10cm and pushing FOR HOURS and had to be taken to the hospital for the c-section… It’s a weird thing to love but it proves your willingness to do whatever it takes for those you love & that you’re hard-core.
- I love that you helped me in my birth with Dylan.
- I love that we send pins back and forth of things we both love and laugh at cuz we are both the same kind of twisted….
- I love that you love me even though you know how fucked up I really am.
- I love that we had fat days together.
- I love that we went for coffee and came home with a dog… whose bark drove us both crazy when the babies were little.
- I love that you and I can freak out over shadows in the window, the neighbor taking out the trash, cats crawling up screens, mats closing doors or toothbrush guns and laugh at the ridiculousness.
- I love that some people think we are fighting when really we are just talking.
- I love that you know Im really the Chief
- I love that you have a lovely family and the love and stability you have created together.
- I love that you rocked the blond streak (skunk back) like no one else could.
- I love that we used to get in FULL ON physical ass-kicking fights … and lived to laugh about it.
- I love that when we are talking with other people and there seems to be some disagreement on how something went down or the right way it should have been done you and I can give each other a look and we know the truth and exactly what the other is thinking.
- I love that I’m your big sister… cuz it’s been one of my favorite roles ever.
Happy birthday Kerri-Ann, “I love you infinity”.
Love Always & Forever… For Real,